West Virginia Dumb Laws
• Unmarried couples who live together and “lewdly associate” with one another may face up to a year in prison.
• When a railroad passes within 1 mile of a community of 100 or more people in it, they must build a station and stop there regularly to pick up and drop off passengers.
• Any person who commits adultery shall be fined at least twenty dollars.
• It is legal for a male to have sex with an animal as long as it does not exceed 40 lbs.
• A tax of 1 cent is levied for every 16 and 9 ounces of coke sold in a store.
• A person may be placed in jail for up to six months for making fun of someone who does not accept a challege.
• It is illegal to snooze on a train.
• A person may not hold public office if he or she has ever participated in a duel.
• For each act of public swearing a person shall be fined one dollar.
• According to the state constitution, it is unlawful for anyone to own a red or a black flag.
• If you wear a hat inside a theater, you may be fined.
• Roadkill may be taken home for supper.
• Whistling underwater is prohibited.
West Virginia Dumb City Laws:
• One may not walk a lion, tiger or leopard, even on a leash.
• Firemen may not whistle or flirt at any woman passing a firehouse.
• It is legal to beat your wife so long as it is done in public on Sunday, on the courthouse steps.
• No member of the clergy is allowed to tell jokes or humorous stories from the pulpit during a church service.