South Carolina Dumb State Laws
• It is illegal to display a confederate flag on a courthouse.
• By law, if a man promises to marry an unmarried woman, the marriage must take place.
• Railroad companies may be held liable in some instances for scaring horses.
• A railroad my not remove itself from a town of more than five hundred people.
• Fortune tellers are required to obtain a special permit from the state.
• Dance halls may not operate on Sundays.
• No work may be done on Sunday.
• An exception to the above law is that light bulbs may be sold.
• Musical instruments may not be sold on Sunday.
• Performing a U-turn within 1,000 feet of an intersection is illegal.
• It is considered an offense to get a tattoo.
• Horses may not be kept in bathtubs.
• It is illegal to sell any alcoholic beverages on Sunday, unless you own a private club.
• A permit must be obtained to fire a missle.
• It is illegal to give or receive oral sex in South Carolina.
• When approaching a four way or blind intersection in a non-horse driven vehicle you must stop 100 ft from the intersection and discharge a firearm into the air to warn horse traffic.
• It is perfectly legal to beat your wife on the court house steps on Sundays.
• Every adult male must bring a rifle to church on Sunday in order to ward off Indian attacks.
• It is a capital offense to inadvertently kill someone while attempting suicide.
• A person must be eighteen years old to play a pinball machine.