Oklahoma Dumb State Laws
• One may not promote a “horse tripping event”.
• It is illegal for the owner of a bar to allow anyone inside to pretend to have sex with a buffalo.
• Females are forbidden from doing their own hair without being licensed by the state.
• Dogs must have a permit signed by the mayor in order to congregate in groups of three or more on private property.
• Oklahoma will not tolerate anyone taking a bite out of another’s hamburger.
• It is against the law to read a comic book while operating a motor vehicle.
• Whaling is illegal.
• It is illegal to have the hind legs of farm animals in your boots.
• Residents are taxed for the furniture in their homes, and any other personal belongings.
• People who make “ugly faces” at dogs may be fined and/or jailed.
• Cars must be tethered outside of public buildings.
• Oral sex is a misdemeanor and is punisable by one year in jail and a $2,500 fine.
• Anyone arrested for soliciting a hooker must have their name and picture shown on television.
• It’s statutory rape for a man over 18 to have sex with a female under the age of 18, provided she’s a virgin.
• Tattoos are banned. (Repealed, Effective 11/1/2006. Tattoos are now legal in Oklahoma!)
• No one may spit on a sidewalk.
• It is illegal to wear your boots to bed.
• It is illegal to have sex before you are married.
• Fish may not be contained in fishbowls while on a public bus.
• Tissues are not to be found in the back of one’s car.