New York Dumb Laws
• Women may go topless in public, providing it is not being used as a business.
• It is illegal for a woman to be on the street wearing “body hugging clothing”.
• Citizens may not greet each other by “putting one’s thumb to the nose and wiggling the fingers”.
• A fine of $25 can be levied for flirting.
• It is against the law to throw a ball at someone’s head for fun.
• The penalty for jumping off a building is death.
• New Yorkers cannot dissolve a marriage for irreconcilable differences, unless they both agree to it.
• A person may not walk around on Sundays with an ice cream cone in his/her pocket.
• While riding in an elevator, one must talk to no one, and fold his hands while looking toward the door.
• Slippers are not to be worn after 10:00 PM.
New York Dumb City Laws
• A man can’t go outside while wearing a jacket and pants that do not match.
• Ice cream may not be eaten while standing on the sidewalk.
• Women may not wear high heels while in the city limits.
• During a concert, it is illegal to eat peanuts and walk backwards on the sidewalks.
• A law from the early 1900’s prohibits men from going topless on the Boardwalk.
• Eating while swimming in the ocean is prohibited.
• People may not slurp their soup.
• Pinball machines are not to be played on Sunday.
• Raw hamburger may not be sold.
• It is illegal for men to go topless in the center of town.
• It is illegal to eat in the street in residential neighborhoods, and the only beverage you can drink on the beach is water in a clear plastic bottle.
• It is illegal to disrobe in a wagon.
• If one wishes to bathe in the city limits, they must be clothed in a “suitable bathing suit”.
• It is illegal for a father to call his son a “faggot” or “queer” in an effort to curb “girlie" behavior.
• You may only water your lawn if the hose is held in your hand.