New Jersey Dumb State Laws
• Drivers must warn those who they pass on highways before they do so.
• Spray paint may not be sold without a posted sign warning juveniles of the penalty for creating graffiti.
• Handcuffs may not be sold to minors.
• It is illegal to wear a bullet-proof vest while committing a murder.
• One must yield a phone line to a person if it is an emergency.
• All motorists must honk before passing another car, bicyclist, skater, and even a skateboarder.
• You cannot pump your own gas.
• It is against the law for a man to knit during the fishing season.
• It is against the law to “frown” at a police officer.
• In an attempt to “foster kindness” in the citizens of New Jersey, the month of May is designated “Kindness Awareness Month”.
• If you have been convicted of driving while intoxicated, you may never again apply for personalized license plates.
• The third Thursday of October is designated as “New Jersey Credit Union Day” and citizens of the state should observe the day with “appropriate activities and programs”.
• Car dealerships are forbidden from opening on Sunday.
• You may not slurp your soup.
• Automobiles are not to pass horse drawn carriages on the street.
• It is illegal to delay or detain a homing pigeon.