Iowa Dumb Laws
• It is a violation of the law to sell or distribute drugs or narcotics without having first obtained the appropriate Iowa drug tax stamp.
• A man with a moustache may never kiss a woman in public.
• One-armed piano players must perform for free.
• Kisses may last for no more than five minutes.
• Tanning bed facilities must warn of the risk of getting a sunburn.
• A board was created to regulate among other things, hearing aids.
• Ministers must obtain a permit to carry their liquor across state lines.
• Doctors who treat a person with gonorrhea must report this to the local board of health and include the disease’s “probable origin”.
• All boxes used to pick hops must be exactly 36 inches long.
Iowa Dumb City Laws:
• Liquor stores may not place advertisements for beer outside the store.
• It is illegal to read persons' palms in the city limits.
• Any hotel in the city limits must have a water bucket and a hitching post in front of the building.
• The fire department is required to practice fire fighting for fifteen minutes before attending a fire.
• The “Ice Cream Man” and his truck are banned.
• Horses are forbidden to eat fire hydrants.
• One must obtain written permission from the City Council before throwing bricks into a highway.
• No person may pick a flower from a city park.
• All softball diamond lights must be turned off by 10:30 PM.
• Within the city limits, a man may not wink at any woman he does not know.