Georgia Dumb Laws:
• If an organization non registered as “non-profit” fails to register their raffle with the local sheriff, that group risks paying up to $10,000 in fines and spending five years in jail.
• While Georgia operates its own lottery, it “protects” its citizens by making it illegal to promote a private lottery.
• The term “sadomasochistic abuse” is defined so broadly, that it could possibly be applied to a person handcuffing another in a clown suit.
• All sex toys are banned.
• It is illegal to use profanity in front of a dead body which lies in a funeral home or in a coroners office.
• Members of the state assembly cannot be ticketed for speeding while the state assembly is in session.
• Donkeys may not be kept in bathtubs.
• Signs are required to be written in English.
• No one may carry an ice cream cone in their back pocket if it is Sunday.