Florida Dumb City & County Laws:
Big Pine Key:
• It is illegal to molest a Key deer.
• Persons may not be “inappropriately attired” who work at hot dog stands.
• It is against the city ordinance to hang your clothes outside on a clothesline.
• It is illegal to park a pick-up truck in your driveway or in front of your house on the street.
Cape Coral City:
• A $50 fine will be levied on anyone who allows a couch to sit in their carport.
• The molestation of trash cans is banned.
• Maintaining a car on your property which is no longer in use is prohibited.
• Owning a flower pot with water in it that isn’t capable of draining is considered a public nuisance.
• It is illegal for an owner of a store to allow another person to pass out free ducklings in front of the store.
• Destin states that a cat that viciously chases passers-by is a ‘bad cat’.
• If you wish to go swimming in the ocean, get dressed in your hotel room.
• Torpedoes may not be set off in the city.
• If you like to love to ride your bicycle in Destin, don’t lean it up against a tree in a cemetery.
• It is illegal to drive over graves in a cemetery.
• If you notice an ice-cream man attempting to sell his cold concoctions in a cemetery, call the police immediately, for that is illegal.
• Ambling and strolling is a misdemeanor.
• Chickens are considered a ‘protected species’.
• Skateboarding is not allowed at any police station.
• Persons face up to thirty days in jail for selling oranges on the sidewalk.
• Termite farms are not allowed within the city.
• No one may bring a pig with them to the beach.
• Neon signs are prohibited.
• Persons may not tow a sled behind their bicycles.
• Citizens may not be caught downtown without at least 10 dollars on their person.
• It is illegal to roll a barrel on any street, fines go up according to the contents of the barrel.
• A women can be fined (only after death), for being electrocuted in a bath-tub because of using self-beautification utensils.
• Stage nudity is banned, with the exception of “bona fide” theatrical performances.
• If you hit a pedestrian you are fined $78.
• You may not catch crabs.
• Beer may not be sold between 2 a.m.
• Persons may not appear in public clothed in liquid latex.
• All houses much have white picket fences and full-width, two-story porches.
• Women may not expose their breasts while performing “topless dancing”.
• Lap dances must be given at least six feet away from a patron.