Arkansas Dumb Laws
• The Arkansas River can rise no higher than to the Main Street bridge in Little Rock.
• A law provides that school teachers who bob their hair will not get a raise.
• A man can legally beat his wife, but not more than once a month.
• Oral sex is considered to be sodomy.
• Alligators may not be kept in bathtubs.
• In Fayetteville, it is illegal to kill “any living creature”.
Laws in Little Rock:
• Honking one’s car horn at a sandwich shop after 9 PM is against the law.
• No one may “suddenly start or stop their car at a McDonald’s.
• Dogs may not bark after 6 PM.
• Flirtation between men and women on the streets of Little Rock may result in a 30-day jail term.
• It is unlawful to walk one’s cow down Main Street after 1:00 PM on Sunday.